MagnetTM Nursing at Hunterdon Medical Center
Hunterdon Medical Center Earns Magnet™ Status
Magnet Recognition Program Notice
Hunterdon Medical Center has achieved Magnet™ designation for excellence in nursing by the American Nurses Credential Center’s (ANCC) Magnet Recognition Program®. ANCC is the largest and most prestigious nursing credentialing organization in the United States. Magnet™ designation is the highest honor given to hospital nursing. Only 6 percent of the nation’s hospitals have earned this prestigious award.
The Magnet™ Recognition Program was developed by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to recognize health care organizations that provide nursing excellence and adherence to national standards for the organization and delivery of nursing services. Applicants undergo a rigorous evaluation that includes extensive interviews and a review of nursing services.
Magnet™ recognition is based on the following five Components:
- Transformational Leadership
- Structural Empowerment
- Exemplary Professional Practice
- New Knowledge, Innovation, & Improvements
- Empirical Quality Results
Research shows there are clear benefits to hospitals that are awarded MagnetTM status:
- Healthcare consumers have more confidence in the overall quality of a hospital if it has achieved the level of excellence established by the Magnet™ recognition Program.
- Facilities that achieve Magnet™ status consistently outperform other facilities in recruiting and retaining nurses, resulting in increased stability in patient care and patient satisfaction.
- Magnet status becomes an attractive force that extends to the entire facility.
The magnet recognition Program, ANCC magnet Recognition, Magnet™ names and logos are registered trademarks of the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Journey to Magnet ExcellenceTM and National Magnet ConferenceTM are trademarks of the American Nurses Credentialing Center. All rights reserved. ANCC is the largest and most prominent nursing credentialing organization in the United States.